Saturday, August 8, 2009

Covered Notepads

Happy Saturday!

I have been working on a few items for our Open House (oct. 24) and Craft Fairs this season. I finally decided to try to do something with all of the cut legal pads I had sitting around from last year. I used them to make magnetic refrigerator notepads. Well...wasn't too happy with them.... they were cute, but not all that sturdy due to the length. So, I stopped making them and thought I would see if there were any other options.

Found this at SCS and thought I could use my fiskars by-pass trimmer to make my long pads into the right size for this project. It would have been so much easier to go out and buy the Jr. Legal pads and have them cut, but I have a TON of the larger sized and didn't want to waste them! Took a while to cut them down, but now I am ready for some assembly.....

Quick Tutorial:
My pads are 2 3/4" wide and 8 1/4" long.
Cardstock should be 6 1/4" x 8 1/2" . Score at 3" on both sides (6 1/2 at top) of the cardstock to make your cover. Then assemble and decorate!

Very cute and so fun to make. I will be making quite a few for Christmas for Holiday Gift Lists....maybe neighbor gifts at our Christmas Party? Lots of great uses for these...great size to toss in your purse too!

Here is my first try at these....will post more as I get them complete! If you want to look at a lot of super cute designs, click HERE. Or check out Michelle Wooderson's blog HERE! Wow! She has some great ideas! Plan on spending a lot of time browsing....she is very talented!





Thanks for looking!



Recipe:
Designer Paper - Crate Paper - Cowgirl (i think that is the name)
Cardstock - SU! Chocolate Chip
Stamps - SU! - Boho Backgrounds (background, medallion and dots on inside) and Botanical Blooms (words)
Ink - SU! Close to Cocoa
Ribbon - SU! Riding Hood Red (retired)
Punches - SU! Word Punch, Scallop Circle, 1 1/4 Circle Punch
Bling - Hobby Lobby

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin