Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Holiday Planners - Altered DVD Tins

Hi there!
I was cleaning out my scrap room the other day and came across a ton of "pretties" that I forgot that I had. I got these DVD Tins from a group buy on Splitcoast about 2 years ago. They came with the tin and the Legal Pad cut to fit...don't remember what I paid for them. Found some empty tins HERE, but not sure if that is a good price or not....but I found them by searching for Blank DVD Tins - got a ton of hits! Here is a pix of the blank tins:


Couldn't imagine putting these in your purse - unless you have a "cave" like I do. But thought that they might be great for keeping track of Christmas Card Lists, crafts, to do lists etc. I used the inserts that I found on Hannah Kost's Blog HERE - Look on the left hand side about half way down. They were actually for a file folder organizer which was really cute, but thought I would try to get rid of these first. You could also make your own, but these were cute and already formatted for you. She has a lot of great ideas on her blog, so plan to spend a little time there!

If you want some ideas for the DVD Tins, check out SCS HERE. I sugggest using sticky/red tape on the cover to make sure that the sides don't pull up, but other than that I used scraps that I had around the room. (and I do mean all around the room!) I put a pocket on the inside lid and matted the inserts - copies on both sides - decorated the legal pad, added a little calendar for the month of December and a RSVP pen - EASY! and really us-able!




Thanks for Looking!


Recipe:
DVD Tin - Unknown
Paper - All K&Co - Christmas from last year
Inserts: Hannah Kost Blog - Link above
Cardstock - Bazzill Bling - LSS
Making A List - Computer Generated
Calendar - SCS HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Widget by LinkWithin